Pharmaceutical/FCC Food Grade | 100% Anhydrous | Fine
WHAT IS CITRIC ACID?
Citric Acid is a natural, weak organic acid that is found in many fruits and vegetables, especially citrus. Citric Acid has a sour flavour, preservative quality, and ability to act as a pH buffer. For these reasons, Citric Acid is found on the ingredient list of many food products today. It is the most widely used organic acidulate across all industries because it:
- Buffers p9H levels
- Stabilises colour, taste, flavour and vitamins
- Acts as a preservative in many foods and beverages
- Provides solubility in many pharmaceutical products
- Chelates metals (forms molecules with metal ions making them inactive to avoid reaction with other elements)
- Acts as a non-corrosive descaler in many applications
- Bath Bombs - we recommend using 2 parts Sodium Bicarbonate to 1 Part Citric Acid.
- Descaling - Kettles, Baby Sterilisers, Shower Heads etc.
- Remove Limescale Deposits on sinks, taps, shower screens, tiles, toilets etc.
- Home Brewing Ingredient.
- Water Softening – to chelate metals.
- Food and Drink – an acidulant e.g. in lemonade and on fizzy ‘sour’ sweets.
99.5%-100.5% Pure Citric Acid Anhydrous Fine Citric Acid E330 (BP/FCC/USP Food Grade)